SEO Case Study
Criminal Defense Law Center
150 To 14,458 Organic Visitors
The Criminal Defense Law Center Of West Michigan is a law firm based in Grand Rapids, MI. Shawn Haff, the owner, has great reviews but struggles to compete with bigger law firms. Shawn did a lot of work on his website but wasn’t getting more than 150 organic visitors per month. He called Flying Lobo to help him increase his search traffic and inbound case requests.
Campaign Start Important Stats
- Identify why Shawn wasn’t receiving any organic traffic.
- Increase the number of keywords in Google’s top 10 and top 3 organic rankings
- Increase his domain authority to power their site into the first page of Google in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Rank #1 in Grand Rapids for the keyword “Criminal Defense Attorney Grand Rapids”
Our first SEO task was running an on-page and technical audit. We found a few issues that we wanted to tackle right away.
- Their homepage didn’t list all their services, and didn’t link to internal pages like location pages, service pages, and sales pages.
- Their Wix website was slow as they uploaded content over years and years without factoring in speed.
- The location pages and services pages they did have were thin, failing to reach our 1,000-word benchmark.
- Their homepage, the most powerful page, targeted a city with less than 50,000 people when they did most of their business in Grand Rapids, a city with 200,000 people.
After optimizing all of their current SEO assets, our next strategy was to implement a content marketing strategy. The idea was that you could only add so much content, internal links, and citations/backlinks to their existing website.
How can we dramatically increase their search traffic and domain authority?
We deeply analyzed hundreds of online painting blogs to find keywords that received traffic but had a low difficulty. We wrote a series of blog posts that ranked quickly thanks to our content writing and backlinking strategy.
We’d built out every location and service page covering every criminal defense service. With this finished, we moved our focus to content marketing, publishing about two blogs a week. To accelarate the ranking of our new blogs, we strategically built links to them through guest posting.
As the blogs started to rank, they naturally past link equity to the service pages, location pages, and homepage. This resulted in an overall increase in rankings to all pages.